Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Holidays

Wow.  I didn't realize how far behind I fell with my blog posts!  

Halloween
Thanksgiving
Hanukkah
Christmas

All in one post.

HALLOWEEN

Because Reese was born on Halloween morning, Colden went around trick-or-treating in the evening with Mike, my mom and my dad.  I spent the holiday snuggling with my baby girl in the post-delivery room in the hospital.

Colden dressed up as a firefighter.  A firefighter who likes Elmo.




A firefighter who likes pink boots!


If you are wondering - no, the pink boots are NOT hand-me-downs.  My mom and I took Colden to the store to pick out rain boots and we came to a huge display of boots.  Every color in the rainbow neatly in a row.  He went right for the pink boots.  I asked if he wanted red or black boots to match his fireman rain coat.  He ran over to the pink boots, put his arms around them and said, "I love pink boots. They are so pretty".  My mom and I texted a picture to Mike, who was at work at the time.  His response?  "NOOOOOOOOO".

But, my boy loved the pink boots.  So, he got them!  And those boots are his favorite!  He wears them all the time and couldn't be happier.

When we came home from the hospital with Reese, two days later, my dad had fun taking pictures of our little Halloween baby with Halloween props.

Reese dressed up like a tiger:



Our "Little Pumpkin" was smaller than the pumpkin we picked:





THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving this year was at my mom's house.  At only 3 weeks old, this was Reese's first Thanksgiving


Unfortunately, the whole family couldn't be together this year for Thanksgiving - but for a happy and great reason...Reese's cousin, Gabriel, was born on the very same day as Reese (twin cousins!!)...so part of our family was out in Arizona spending Thanksgiving with Gabriel.

Of course, we wouldn't let a couple thousand miles keep us from spending the holiday together!  We Skyped!

Hello cousins in Arizona!!  (Thanks, cousin Alex for holding the iPad)


The rest of the family had a great time together in New York!  It's great to see our family growing!



HANUKKAH

We hosted a latke-eating, menorah-lighting party at our house on the first night of Hanukkah.

Colden made fun Hanukkah decorations to display in the house

Mike made scrumptious latkes (not pictured here because we were all too busy eating them to take pictures)

And we lit the menorah.  Four of them to be exact:  Colden and Reese each have their own; the 3rd was a gift when Mike and I got married; and the 4th one I made in Kindergarten (just for fun).


(Colden sitting in front of his sports menorah and Reese in front of her butterfly menorah)


And of course it was fun to see how many adults it took to put together Colden's presents:




I'd say it was a fun first night of Hanukkah!
(So would Colden!)



CHRISTMAS

This year we were lucky enough to have a somewhat white Christmas


Christmas involved a lot of cooking and baking:

 Breakfast:  Buttermilk biscuits shaped like gingerbread men
(to go with our homemade biscuits and gravy)




Dinner:  Pumpkin-filled ravioli




Dessert:  Molasses cookies (What a disaster!  A yummy disaster!)




Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment