Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bottles

We gave Reese her first bottle at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) when she was only one week old because she was so worn down from a virus that she was having trouble nursing (see "CHOP" post).  

She...has...not...taken...a...bottle...since!

Pictured below is Colden giving Reese her first bottle since the whole CHOP nightmare - when Reese was around 5 weeks old.  I snapped this picture right when Colden started feeding her.  Two seconds later, the bottle was spit out and Reese was hysterical.




A million different bottle brands, a million different nipple types, and a million different feeding positions = the same one response:

One ticked-off baby!
(And two frustrated parents)

I even gave Reese a deadline by which she had to learn to take a bottle: the night of my office holiday party.

The deadline came and went.  I was able to enjoy the party for three hours.

She wouldn't even take a pacifier...

...until Christmas Eve, when finally...

 Yay!  She accepted a pacifier at bedtime!
Which gave us hope that maybe, just maybe...a bottle would be next.

And then, our Halloween baby gave us a Christmas miracle:

She drank from a bottle!

Girls' night out - here I come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment