Saturday, December 1, 2012

Family Walk

Going for a "walk" has...well...taken on a whole new meaning.  On the days when Mike is at work and I have both kids, I think I get most of my exercise during the preparation leading up to the walk rather than on the walk itself.

~~~~~~~~~~

Two quiet and happy kids.  One obedient dog.  Right.
A picture may be worth a 1,000 words...but, here are the 1,000 words spoken before this picture was taken:



(Time: Approximately 2:45pm)

I want to go for a walk.
Convince Colden that he wants to go on a walk too.
When is the last time Colden went potty?
Make Colden go potty one more time.
Colden, you need to wear a coat - it's cold outside.
When is the last time Reese ate?
Feed Reese one more time.
Change Reese's diaper.
Colden, you need to wear a coat - it's cold outside.
Wait.  I have to go potty myself.
Pack Colden a snack for the walk.
Pack myself a snack for the walk.
Colden, you need to wear a coat - it's cold outside.
Put both kids in the stroller.
Convince Colden that he can't ride in the wagon because Reese is too little to go in the wagon.
Try again to put both kids in the stroller.
Get the dog (Josie).

(Time: Approximately 4:00pm)

Start the walk.
Reese is crying.  Keep going. 
Colden is complaining that its too bright outside, and I forgot his sunglasses.  Keep going.
We are underdressed.  Go back home to get an extra blanket for each child and gloves for me.
Josie decides that she has to pee every 5 feet.  Reese cries every time the stroller stops.
Josie's incessant peeing is stressing me out.  Reese's crying is not helping.  Keep going.

(Time: Approximately 4:30pm)

Peace.  Reese is sleeping.  Colden is quiet.
I finally get a chance to relax, take a deep breath and look at my wonderful view:


(Time: Approximately 5:00pm)

I realize what time it is and head home to start dinner.

Cooking dinner with the two kids is a whole other blog post.  Enter frozen meals.  Sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment