Thursday, December 30, 2010

Meppy Hanumas!



        
 
Merry Christmas + Happy Hanukkah = Meppy Hanumas


From December 1st through December 8th, the Karl Clan celebrated Hanukkah the same way that I celebrated growing up - starting 29 years ago...

My dad and me on the 8th night of Hanukkah in 1981.



Colden and me on the 8th night of Hanukkah in 2010.



Colden got lots of fun presents for Hanukkah.  One for each night.




After Hanukkah Harry left, Santa came:

Let's just say that Colden...
 
...did NOT...

 
...like...

...Santa...

We joke that it's because Colden is Jewish.  :-)  Sorry, Santa.



 But we did put up a Hanumas Bush, which we decorated in only blue and white (as a compromise between Hanukkah and Christmas).  And as Colden is pointing out, he got his own little ornament.



His blue and white (minus the purple arms and feet) dinosaur.



Colden had fun opening all of the presents under the Hanumas Bush:







 The Hanumas Bush, the Menorah, the presents, the food are all great - but the best parts of the holidays are the family gatherings!

(Left to Right)  Front Row: Me, Mike, Colden & Uncle Andy
Back Row: Josie, Grandpa Howard, Nanny, Uncle Gil & Aunt Merri



(Left to Right): Saba, Safta, Colden, Mike & me
And yes, we are all wearing our fun pajamas (dad!).  And yes, I am wearing footie pajamas!!!  And no, I'm not embarrassed at all - in fact I had been looking for these pajamas for a long time.  And in case you are wondering, they are the most comfortable things ever!  :-)


We had a great Hanumas!









1 comment:

  1. Meppy Hanumas!! Your Hanumas bush looks great. And I love the recreation of the picture of you and your dad. I think you did a great job of recreating it. I love your footie pj's. The family pic of you all in your pj's is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete