Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nursery

Let's take a tour of Tike's room, shall we?  It is not completely finished yet, as some of the final touches will be made after Tike is born. 

Enter.  The room is painted an orange/pumpkin color called "High Plateau".  The trim is white and the accent color is sage green.

This is the wall straight ahead of you as you walk in.  We obviously still have some arranging to do (i.e. the swing will not be facing the poopy garbage can in the corner).

The framed pictures on the wall are actually pieces of the wall paper that hung in my nursery when I was a baby.  My mom saved some of the wallpaper, which Howard cut and dry-mounted for us (thanks Howard).  

In the glider sits "Bun-Bun" on the right and "rabbit-yet-to-be-named" on the left.  I got Bun-Bun when I was born (hence the reason for the slightly off-white color).  There is actually a picture of me sitting next to Bun-Bun when the stuffed animal was bigger than I was!  The rabbit on the left will be Tike's equivalent of "Bun-Bun".  Hopefully.

The crib is to the left when you walk in to the room.  The words and the stars above the crib are decals.

We should all live by this motto.

The closet.  We have a boy's coming-home outfit and a girl's coming-home outfit hanging on the closet door knobs.  Mike picked out the boy's outfit and I picked out the girl's outfit.  We will return the one that we don't use.

A fun and colorful wall hanging that has the alphabet on it (hard to see in this picture).

The dresser, changing pad and bookshelf are to the right when you walk in the room.  We are going to paint over the primary colors that you see outlining the drawers of the dresser.  The dresser was actually mine when I was a baby.  We will be putting something on the wall over the changing pad, (which is mounted on the dresser) - we just haven't figured out what yet.  A mirror?  Hanging stars that make noise?  All the books on the bookshelf were mine when I was little.

Cute ruler to measure Tike's growth.

Closer view of the ruler.  I guess Tike can't grow taller than 5 feet!  :-)

Oh yeah, and if you were wondering why there was no mattress in the crib in the nursery, that's because the mattress is in THIS crib (which is in our bedroom).  Shhhh...Mike is sleeping.  The crib you see here was my crib when I was a baby, then it was Adam's crib, and now it will be Tike's crib.  Tike will sleep in our room for the first little bit (exact time-frame yet to be determined).

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I don't think Mike had too much fun painting the whole room by himself (great job, Mike!!)...but I sure had fun putting up all of the decals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tovah/Mike,

    This site is great! The nursery looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for keeping in touch...and terrific idea doing it as a blog instead of on facebook for all of us "old people" who aren't on facebook! Love you!

    ReplyDelete