Life is moving along quickly...almost too quickly. Colden graduated from kindergarten today!
When snuggling with Colden at bedtime tonight, I asked him how he felt about graduating. He said, "I almost feel like crying because I worked so hard...I learned so many words and did so much math. Now I'm done with kindergarten and I got so many treats. I just can't believe it."
I can't believe it either.
To celebrate his graduation, we took him to Chuck E Cheese (his favorite arcade place), went to his favorite restaurant (Uno Pizzeria), and got him a new video game. Nanny and Grandpa also came in for his graduation and showered him with new chapter books (man this kid can read!!).
Here are some pictures of his graduation:

He's in the middle of the line waiting for his entrance

Walking down the aisle to the "stage"

Hang in there kiddo. Good thing there were only about 15 kids in your class and your last name is in the middle of the alphabet. Just wait until your next graduation...you may have to sit a little bit longer.

Reese taking notes for when it's her turn in a few years. But, no rush.

Receiving his diploma from his kindergarten teacher, Miss Val. So proud!

This "I'm too cool for school" image magically transported me about 12 years into the future where I see a similar scene, but perhaps with some beach balls floating around and a little more bling on the caps.

You did it, mister! School's out for summer!


Colden is the one on the left in the back row (black and white striped shirt)
And...not to embarrass him, but here is a peak at Colden's first crush: Gianna (or "GiGi", as he lovingly calls her).

He was helping her get her hair out of her face (love!!)

In my head: from graduation to prom. Stop. I need my 6-year-old baby back.
CONGRATULATIONS Colden on working your butt off, graduating kindergarten and making us so proud!


No comments:
Post a Comment