Saturday, February 21, 2015

Colden Reading

I apologize for the long hiatus; we have a lot of catching up to do!

We will start off with Colden reading.

In Colden's class, the kids alternate being Star-of-the-Week.  During that week, the chosen Star gets certain perks: he/she gets to be line-leader; he/she gets to bring in a favorite snack to share…and a favorite book for the teacher to read at story time…

Here, Colden is up in front of his class talking about his poster that is all about him
(aka: a mommy homework assignment):



Shortly before his week as the Star, I asked what book he was going to want to bring in. He asked if he could read "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" to the class himself rather than have the teacher read it. We asked the teacher, and she was more than thrilled to let him.

On his favorite book day, he read to his Pre-K class and the Pre-School class
(as well as mommy, daddy, Nanny and Reese) :-)







(Click here for the video of Colden reading)

He did an amazing job!!! I'm not only proud of him for having the courage to get up in front of his class (so far, he is the only one in Pre-K to read to the rest of the class), but I am also proud of him for not getting completely flustered when he accidentally skipped a page (although I do love his "blah!" reaction that he gave).  :-)

My favorite part of the whole experience was seeing the huge smile on his face when he was done and his classmates clapped and said "thank you".  He was so proud of himself.

Way to go, Colden!

He has already been asked to read to both classes again during Dr. Seuss week at his school.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment