Monday, August 30, 2010

Daycare


The end of summer not only brings shorter days and cooler nights, but it also brings the end to my part time work schedule and to my mom's job as part time nanny.  While my mom returns to teaching, I return to work full time and Colden starts daycare.


This will be good for him

... He'll learn how to interact with other people
...He'll socialize with other babies
...He'll learn how to share (eventually)
...He'll learn how to sleep in other places other than his familiar house/car/stroller


Aren't you proud?  I came up with 4 reasons why daycare will be good for Colden. 
(Just don't ask me to list all of the reasons why I don't want him to go to daycare!)   
:-(

Last night, I got all of his things together:

Iron-on labels and permanent markers to label all of his clothes


Bottles with his name and contents clearly marked


I had a whole list of things to get together for him - which I nicely packed up into his own little bag


He was all packed and ready to head off to his first day of daycare!

You think the people at the daycare deal with anxiety-ridden parents much?
(Don't look so scared, Colden - inside is a room full of toys and nice, wonderful people)


He had his own little cubby to put his belongings in


And look in the background - "our little artist" is going to make artwork with noodles!!!


At the end of every day, he even comes home with a little report card!  
He went for a walk outside, drank all of his bottles, took a couple of naps, had 4 wet diapers and 1 dirty diaper...good job!


He had story-time, learned sign language, made an art project (I can't wait to see what my 5 month old made!), had fun on the floor and played with a ball. 

What a fun day!

I can't wait to see what he does tomorrow! 

This will be good for him...
This will be good for him...
This will be good for him...
This will be good for him...
This will be good for him...
This will be good for him...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment