Today I traded in diapers and burp cloths for excel tables and reports. In other words, today I went back to work.
From left to right: Lunch bag, pump, purse and a bag of pictures of Colden to hang up at my desk. I'm all set, physically. Mentally? Well...
It did help knowing that Colden was with my mom. Mom, who likes to be called "Nanny", truly became a nanny today. She watched Colden, and will be watching Colden every Tuesday and Wednesday during the summer so that I can go back to work part time. Thanks mom!
If I couldn't be at home with my little man, then I was going to make sure that my little man came to work with me. I put pictures of him all over my cabinet...
on my window sill...
and on both of my computer monitors.
Mom was kind enough to text me several pictures throughout the day to keep me updated on how Colden was doing:
One guess as to what the "present" was. :-)
As much as I did actually enjoy reentering the "adult world", it was tough leaving Colden at home. It was even tougher to find out that he rolled over from his back to his stomach for the first time!!! (He figured out how to roll from his stomach to his back last week). That's right - I have been with him day in and day out for the 95 days that he has been alive...and he decides to roll over back to front the day I go back to work!
I knew I shouldn't have gone back to work.
So I know that Colden looks exactly like Mike, but the expression on his face in that last pic is ALL YOU! (Look at the first pic in this post if you don't believe me.)
ReplyDeleteBig hugs to you! It gets easier, I promise. And he does have the very best Nanny possible. And the rolling over? He's just showing off. ;)
Wait a minute...are you saying that my boy only looks like me when he is going to the bathroom??
ReplyDelete