Binkies
During the day, Colden can fall asleep...wherever...
whenever...
however.
But for some reason, at night he always has to suck on his fingers in order to fall asleep. Mike and I were hesitant to give him a pacifier because we were afraid of the weening process and of having a child who still needed a pacifier in college. Besides, as you can see in this video, Colden is pretty good at finding his thumb:
Unfortunately, he still lacks the gross motor skills to keep his thumb IN his mouth - making falling asleep at night not only difficult for him, but for us as well.
Possible solutions?
1. help him find his own fingers (over and over again)
2. let him suck on one of our fingers
3. figure out something else that will soothe him
The other night I chose option #3. I was rocking him to sleep when he found my arm. He stopped crying, so I thought - "what's the harm"?
See below for the harm:
Using a pacifier suddenly didn't seem like such a bad idea...
He fell asleep within seconds of getting the pacifier. To date, we've only had to resort to using the pacifier twice. Lessons learned: arm does not equal pacifier and maybe the pacifier isn't such a bad thing after all.
And Bumbos
He loved sitting in it and looking around. We just have to work on his posture! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment